Lets Get You Started:
- With the Lid off and bottom vent door open, use fire lighter and break it in to few pieces placing at the base of the tandoori oven.
- Place around 2-3 kgs for SS1/MS1 and 3 - 3.5 Kgs for SS2 of charcoal or briquettes in a pyramid shape around the fire lighters.
- Use long match stick to light the fire lighters. You can light them through the vent door for convenience.
- Your Tandoor will be ready to cook in SS1 / MS1: 25-30 mins, SS2: 35 - 40 mins. Please note, a new tandoori oven where clay has not been cured will take longer to heat up.
- Place pre-marinated Meat, vegetables, etc on the skewers. You can use skewer stoppers to stop your cooked meat or vegetables from falling on the burning charcoal also it will act as a heat shield for the last piece and prevent it getting burnt as it will be close to burning charcoal.
- Insert the skewers vertically into the tandoori oven. The skewer will rest against the mouth of the tandoor. All 8 skewers supplied can be used at the same time.
- There is no need to turn the skewers while cooking as heat is evenly distributed inside a perfectly made tandoori oven.
- Ventilation door is a thermostat of a tandoori oven. Control the inside temperature by closing or opening the ventilation door whilst the food is cooked. Ventilation door should be left open should you want to achieve high temperature. Once desired heat is achieved, you can close the ventilation door.
- Remove the cooked food from the skewers taking care not to touch the metal of the skewers.
- Ensure food is adequately cooked before consuming.